HIDE Wind Advisory issued January 22 at 2:24PM EST until January 23 at 6:00AM EST by NWS Blacksburg
...Gusty winds expected tonight across the higher terrain...
.A strong storm system will move across the Ohio Valley tonight.
A trailing cold front will sweep east across the region tonight
into Tuesday morning. Windy conditions are anticipated over the
mountains along the front.
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 6 AM EST
* Locations...Mercer,Tazewell, Smyth, Grayson, Ashe and Watauga
* Hazards...Strong gusty west winds.
* Winds....West 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...this evening into Tuesday morning.
* Impacts...These winds may down small trees or tree limbs...as
well as power lines. Loose outdoor objects should be secured.
Winds this strong can make travel difficult, especially for high